Brought to you by Fairmile West
- Free Windows 10: Good for Microsoft, not great for its partners — Tech News and Analysis
One of the biggest news items coming out of Microsoft’s Windows 10 preview event is that the operating system will be made available for free to Windows computer owners running Windows 7 or higher. That’s great for Microsoft, consumers and … Continue reading
- Plug-in blocked notifications in Google Chrome – gHacks Tech News
Google pushed out an update today for its Chrome web browser that brings the version to the version of the web browser to 40 on the stable channel. via Plug-in blocked notifications in Google Chrome – gHacks Tech News.
- Intel-based HDMI dongles hit UK market » Digital TV Europe
Two providers have separately launched new high-end Intel-based HDMI dongle devices in the UK. via Intel-based HDMI dongles hit UK market » Digital TV Europe.
- HP launches ProBook 11, Stream 11 Pro notebooks for education – Liliputing
HP has unveiled two new 11 inch notebooks aimed at the education market. The HP ProBook 11 Education Edition is a durable Windows laptop with a rubber case, while the HP Stream 11 Pro is a low-cost laptop for use … Continue reading
- Windows RT not invited to Windows 10 upgrade party? • The Register
With all the hoopla coming out of Microsoft’s Windows 10 event in Redmond on Wednesday, there was surprisingly little talk of Windows RT, the feature-limited version of Windows 8.x for ARM-based tablets – and perhaps with good reason. via Windows … Continue reading
- Office 2016 will hit desktops later this year
At its Windows 10 event yesterday, Microsoft spent some time showing off how its universal apps would provide a similar experience across devices. via Office 2016 will hit desktops later this year.
- Next versions of Microsoft Office coming in 2015 – Liliputing
Microsoft is working on two new versions of Office, and both are expected to launch before the end of the year. via Next versions of Microsoft Office coming in 2015 – Liliputing.
- Microsoft’s Windows 10 has tight Skype integration — are Google Hangouts and Apple iMessage in danger?
I have been having difficulty staying in touch with friends and family lately. The problem? Everybody is using different services! Apple fans are on iMessage and Facetime. Google users are on Hangouts. Other people embrace Facebook Messager or SMS. Quite frankly, … Continue reading
- How to remove an iPhone, iPad, or Mac from Find My iPhone and iCloud | iMore
Find My iPhone and iCloud work together so you can keep track of all your iPhones, iPads, and Macs, all in one place. via How to remove an iPhone, iPad, or Mac from Find My iPhone and iCloud | iMore.
- Microsoft is turning Skype into its own version of iMessage in Windows 10 | The Verge
Microsoft is integrating Skype directly into Windows 10, and the result looks a lot like Apple’s iMessage service. via Microsoft is turning Skype into its own version of iMessage in Windows 10 | The Verge.
- Windows RT tablets won’t run Windows 10 – Liliputing
Microsoft has no plans to bring its Windows 10 software to tablets running Windows RT. That means the Surface 2, Surface RT, Nokia Lumia 2520, and a handful of other tablets with ARM-based chips and Windows software won’t get all … Continue reading
- How to transfer your data from your old PC to your new Mac | iMore
If you’ve just bought your first Mac and you’re switching from a Windows PC, congratulations! Welcome to the fold. You’re anxious to use your Mac, but you’ve amassed years of data on that PC. Switching platforms doesn’t mean starting over: … Continue reading
- Shifts Is A Beautiful Mobile Calendar App Designed For Shift Workers | TechCrunch
While there’s no shortage of mobile calendaring applications on today’s App Store, most are designed to serve the needs of office workers who need to carve out time for things like conference calls or meetings. A new calendaring app called … Continue reading
- Bad News: Windows RT Devices Will Only Have Some Of The Functionality Of Windows 10
At the Windows 10 press event held yesterday, Microsoft announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 who upgrade in the first year after launch. via … Continue reading
- The Sorry State of In-Flight Wi-Fi – NYTimes.com
35,000 FEET, SOMEWHERE OVER THE MIDWEST — I’ve finally found something on commercial flights that’s worse than airplane food: the Wi-Fi. It’s so slow and unreliable that it shouldn’t be allowed to call itself “Wi-Fi.” Renaming it Airplane Dial-Up would … Continue reading
- Microsoft Working On An Update For Windows RT | Ubergizmo
Microsoft pretty much dominated the news cycle yesterday as it showed off Windows 10. The upcoming iteration of its operating system brings countless new features, some of which we had already heard about, while the company also unveiled some new … Continue reading
- Dropbox finally has an official app for Windows Phone
Microsoft recently made the surprising decision to partner with Dropbox, meaning its walled Windows garden would no longer be limited to OneDrive. via Dropbox finally has an official app for Windows Phone.
- Toshiba CB35-B3340 Chromebook 2 Chrome Unboxed Review | Video
Here is another Chromebook video by Robby Payne in which he reviews the Toshiba CB35-B3340 Chromebook 2, the full-HD model with 4GB RAM of Toshiba’s 2nd Chromebook. via Toshiba CB35-B3340 Chromebook 2 Chrome Unboxed Review | Video.
- Microsoft reveals the ‘Surface Hub,’ an 84-inch 4K all-in-one
Today might be all about the next chapter in Windows, but there’s something for the hardware-heads, too. via Microsoft reveals the ‘Surface Hub,’ an 84-inch 4K all-in-one.
- Microsoft Announces New Outlook Mail And Calendar Apps In Windows 10 For Smartphones
Microsoft today announced they are bringing new Outlook mail and calendar apps in Windows 10. via Microsoft Announces New Outlook Mail And Calendar Apps In Windows 10 For Smartphones.
- Windows 10 Is a Free Upgrade for the First Year
Want Windows 10? You got it: for free. This is a sea change in Microsoft’s strategy when it comes to upgrades. Gratis upgrades will be available for Windows 7, 8.1 and even Windows Phone 8.1 users for a full year. … Continue reading
- Acer has two tough new Chromebooks for the classroom | The Verge
Acer is one of the best Chromebook manufacturers out there, and today it’s unveiling two new machines that it wants to see enter the classroom. via Acer has two tough new Chromebooks for the classroom | The Verge.
- Hard disk reliability examined once more: HGST rules, Seagate is alarming | Ars Technica
A year ago we got some insight into hard disk reliability when cloud backup provider Backblaze published its findings for the tens of thousands of disks that it operated. Backblaze uses regular consumer-grade disks in its storage because of the … Continue reading